Sunday, December 18, 2005

Cornell Acacia Centennial, the Blog

This blog, inspired both by the suggestion of Fudd (1009) and Dorfman (1068), is dedicated to the Cornell Acacia Centennial. For my part, the Centennial, scheduled to be held in the summer of 2007, will be marked by more than a gathering of brothers and friends in Ithaca. I am hard at work on a project of history that portends to consume my free time for the next calendar year, namely the book, Cornell Acacia: The First Century.

In the spirit of Dr. William S. Dye, Jr.'s Acacia: The First Half Century and Delmer S. Goode's Acacia: The Third Quarter Century, Cornell Acacia: The First Century will be an historical account of the major events and players to affect Cornell Chapter's first one hundred years of existence. I use first one hundred years advisedly because I believe Cornell Chapter can last another one hundred years. The first one hundred years, as I am beginning to discover, was full of challenges and triumphs, heartaches and smiles.

Acacia Fraternity means many things to many people, and I know it will be difficult to capture that feeling in a single volume. That, in part, is the reason for this blog. The blog should be a forum for discussion between many Acacians, but unlike a newsgroup, it is primarly a vehicle for me to express my feelings as the project progresses and to report new findings and discoveries. I hope this blog will help keep interest in the project on an ongoing basis. Feel free to contact me to ask questions using the comments section of the blog.

Here's to the Centennial of Cornell Acacia in 2007!

Sincerely,

Hoover (1063)

No comments: